The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- AMA PRA Category 1: 1.00
- Hours of Participation: 1.00
- Course opens: Fri, Jun 21 2013
- Course expires: Sun, Jun 21 2015
- Cost: $0.00
- Family Medicine Providers
- Advanced Practice Providers
- Physician Assistants
- Recognize the pertinent aspects of history and physical as related to the patient with scoliosis.
- Understand the natural history of scoliosis, and current concepts of conservative care.
- Recognize "red flags" on exam indicating associated systemic pathology, syndromes, etc.
- Understand what constitutes appropriate use of physical therapy and the importance of brace support group.
Faculty & credentials
John Thometz, MD is Medical director of Orthopedic Surgery at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, professor and chief of Orthopedic Surgery at The Medical College of Wisconsin and member of Children's Specialty Group.
J. Channing Tassone, MD is a pediatric orthopedic surgeon at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, associate professor of Orthopedic Surgery at The Medical College of Wisconsin and member of Children's Specialty Group.
Stefanie Reid, MPT is a physical therapist at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
Kaz Kaczmarowski, a prosthetics and orthotics specialist
Tracie Brasch, RN, a pediatric orthopedic nurse at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Beth Wahlquist, RN, a pediatric orthopedic nurse at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Required hardware / software
Please turn off the pop-up blocker.
Quick time 7 or greater
Internet access and browser