This day-long educational activity is designed to provide updates and general information regarding the practice of emergency general surgery, surgical critical care, and trauma care. The intended audience is primarily practicing general surgeons who would like to improve their knowledge and skills in caring for the acutely ill surgical patient. Instructional techniques will include didactic lectures, small group discussions, expert panel discussions, and case based discussions. Learners will have an opportunity to interact with faculty and ask questions relevant to their own practice and learning needs.
Registration includes course materials, lunch and refreshments.
Please note there is a $1.00 processing fee for all electronic registrations.
- Attention Fellows, Residents and Students enrolled in a certified training program, use coupon code APRIL2014 at check-out.
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™: 6.00
- Hours of Participation: 6.00
- Event starts: Fri, Apr 18 2014 - 7:00 am
- Event ends: Fri, Apr 18 2014 - 4:45 pm
- Course opens: Mon, Feb 10 2014
- Course expires: Mon, Jun 30 2014
- Cost: $1.00
- Add to calendar:
- General Surgeons
- Allied Health Professionals
- Define the practice of Acute Care Surgery.
- Discuss optimal management options for patients with an open abdomen in order to achieve abdominal wall closure.
- Discuss current recommendations for balanced resuscitation of the injured patient presenting in shock.
- Describe special considerations for initial management of the acutely ill or injured geriatric patient.
- Describe the likely impact of traumatic events on future psychological health of the injured patient and their caregivers.
Faculty & credentials
The Crowne Plaza Hotel
10499 Innovation Drive
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
A block of rooms has been reserved for registrants until March 24, 2014, at a special rate of $99 single, plus tax, per night.
Please call the Crowne Plaza Hotel at 1.877.270.1393 or 414.475.9500, and mention MCW/Acute Care Surgery Symposium when making your reservation.